Driver injured by protester sues Xi’an police

by Guest on October 12, 2012

An officer with the Public Security Bureau’s general office, who declined to give his name, said they sent most of their forces onto the streets on Sept 15 to protect hotels, shops and residents from attack.

A man (left) from central China’s Henan province is detained on suspicion of attacking Li Jianli.

“Most protesters kept order but some offenders were mixed in with the crowd. It was difficult for us to distinguish them,” he said.

He said the man suspected of injuring Li has been arrested, and the investigation is continuing.

On Sept 16, Xi’an police announced that rallies and protests were banned within the walled city’s center. They banned demonstrations staged without approval and barred people from using cellphones, the Internet or other means to organize and instigate protests.

A spokesman for Lianhu district court declined to comment on Thursday.

Wang Tianding, dean of Xi’an International Studies University’s journalism school, and a local news reporter wrote letters to the city police on Monday to demand they disclose more information about incidents on the day.

The letter asked whether the demonstration had been approved by police, and whether officers had contingency plans to protect people and property, and questioned the situation regarding injury and damage. It also asked police to disclose how many people were detained.

Wang said on Thursday he had yet to receive a reply from the authorities.

Share:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Protected by WP Anti Spam

无觅相关文章插件,快速提升流量